PROVACUNO is the Agro-food Inter-professional Organization of the Spanish Beef Industry. This non-profit organization is officially recognized by the Spanish Government and represents 85% of the Spanish Beef Industry as it includes the main organizations of beef producers, processors and traders.
With the aim of PROTECTING the interests of the beef industry, from production, through processing to trading, the inter-professional organization PROVACUNO has developed the following main objectives.
- To defend the interests of the beef industry, from production, through processing to trading.
- To preserve the functional efficiency of the Beef value chain.
- To promote Best Practices in the relationships between the organization’s members.
- To adapt beef production to market and consumer demand.
- To enhance the industry’s image through its sustainable and environmentally-friendly production processes.
- To promote the responsible consumption of beef, by highlighting its nutritional and health properties, as well as its high levels of quality and food safety.
- To promoting research and development programmes for innovation processes, in order to improve the quality of beef in all the stages of the value chain.
- To support the internationalization pro-cess of the industry’s companies into ex-port markets.
- To offer a positive image of Spanish beef meat.