Juanlu Fernández, Michelin Star Chef at Restaurante Lú Cocina y Alma, has prepared a surprising salad with veal cheek.
- First we pour a bit of olive oil in a pot.
- When it’s hot, we sear the veal cheek.
- Add garlic, onion and carrot. Sauté until golden.
- Cover the veal cheek with water, and simmer over low flame for 4 hours, until the meat is tender.
- Prepare the dressing with the cooking jus, vinegar and salt.
- Emulsify by slowly adding olive oil
- Thinly slice the veal cheek
- Arrange the slices on a plate, and garnish with sprouts
- Add the dressing and drizzle with harissa.