Picada: mince well with a machine all the ingredients.
- We clean the hen, debone it and slightly cook all the parts in the oven. We also slightly fry the veal bones and once done, we roast them in the oven at 200ºC.
- We boil the wine until all the alcohol is evaporated and its volume its reduce to a half.
- We sauté all the vegetables starting with the onion, garlic and then the tomatoes. We add salt, sugar and fry everything well. After that we add the rest of the fried vegetables, dip them with the red wine, and add the meat and bones.
- Then we pour water until covering all the ingredients (approximately five liters will be needed). We start boiling it, skim the soup (remove excess of fat from the broth) and lower the heat.
- Cook for 12 hours. Then we pass it through a Chinese strainer.
- Cut the meat into 1.5 cm wide steaks. Season the meat and cover it with flour.
- Slightly fry the meat in hot oil. Sauté the onion, garlic, tomato and finally the mushrooms, add the red wine and let everything reduce.
- Once it is reduced, we add the meat to the casserole along with the poul- try and beef broth.
- Finally we add the picada to the casserole 5 minutes before finishing cooking.
Black pepper Coarse salt Mini carrots Shallots Seasonal mushrooms